STARTALK-CHELER Chinese Leadership Program
The STARTALK-CHELER Chinese Leadership Program is designed to help experienced teachers and academic directors of Chinese heritage schools/programs face the challenges of teaching learners from preK-12 with diverse linguistic backgrounds. By the end of the program, the participants will be able to: (1) design standards-based thematically organized unit/lesson plans that address learner needs with backward design planning, differentiated instruction, and technology support; (2) develop the literacy skills of Chinese heritage learners and to meet their diverse needs; and (3) understand and develop assessment practices that reflect student learning experiences.
WHO: Experienced teachers and academic directors of community-based Chinese heritage schools
WHERE: Residential program—Main Campus, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio.
- Online: June 19-July 16, 2016 four-week online readings and preparations
- Onsite: July 17-23, 2016 one-week residential program on UT campus
- Online forum for continuous support and mentoring (during summer and fall semester of 2016)
- Free 6 continuing education units
- Certificate of Completion
- Free housing and meals for residential participants; free lunch for local participants
- Free program materials, including a textbook
- Learning from the best in the field and nation-wide network with Chinese heritage school leaders
- Limited travel support will be available for selected participants. **Some restrictions apply.**
Visit http://startalk.cheler.org/ to learn more about program details and the instructors
APPLICATiON DEADLINE: June 15, 2016
TO REGISTER: Go tohttps://acsurvey.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_egi29R0sFWELuVD to complete the online application by June 15, 2016. (competitively selected; first come, first serve )