STARTALK-CHELER Chinese Leadership Program
The STARTALK-CHELER Chinese Leadership Program is designed to help experienced teachers and academic directors of Chinese heritage schools/programs face the challenges of teaching learners from preK-12 with diverse linguistic backgrounds. By the end of the program, the participants will be able to: (1) design standards-based thematically organized unit/lesson plans that address learner needs with backward design planning, differentiated instruction, and technology support; (2) develop the literacy skills of Chinese heritage learners and to meet their diverse needs; and (3) understand and develop assessment practices that reflect student learning experiences.
WHO: Experienced teachers and academic directors of community-based Chinese heritage schools
WHERE: Residential program—Main Campus, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio.
- Online: June 13-July 8, 2017 four-week online readings and preparations
- Onsite: July 9-16, 2017 one-week residential program on UT campus
- Online forum for continuous support and mentoring (during summer and fall semester of 2017)
- Free 6 continuing education units
- Certificate of Completion
- Free housing and meals for residential participants; free lunch for local participants
- Free program materials, including a textbook
- Learning from the best in the field and nation-wide network with Chinese heritage school leaders
- Limited travel support will be available for selected participants. **Some restrictions apply.**
Visit http://startalk.cheler.org/ to learn more about program details and the instructors
APPLICATiON DEADLINE: May 31, 2017
TO REGISTER: To be announced. Check back on May 17, 2017.